Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Jay Electronica Shocked At DJ Enuff's "Exhibit C" Radioplay, "I'm Still Just Taking It All In" [Video]

Jay Electronica Shocked At DJ Enuff's "Exhibit C" Radioplay, "I'm Still Just Taking It All In" [Video]Rapper Jay Electronica has shared his reaction to having his Just Blaze record "Exhibit C" played by DJ Enuff on New York's Hot 97 radio station.




For Electronica, getting the underground track played on mainstream radio has become a big and overwhelming achievement him.



"Uh, yes [I feel good], I don't know, it's a lot. It's a lot at once," Jay told radio personality Angela Yee about the record getting spun in New York City. "I'm still just taking it all in. I'm just learning as I go man, I'm just learning as I go. Trying to figure it out as I go." (Angela Yee Rumors)

Writing in a posting called "Jay Electronica Wins The Heart Of A Super Star DJ," Hot 97's Enuff said he decided to play the emcee's record this week.



"People have been commenting like crazy I must of struck some cord," he wrote Monday (December 28). "I know my role and position. But at times it isn't wrong to ask for a lil help or advice. You must at all times respect your power. I rarely would ask you the people for help because the answers can be so different from one another. Leaders such as the homie Quest Love. Your cult following is ridiculous. You tell them to talk to me and they did. J Electronica I have never met him but always dug some of his early mix-tape stuff. Shouts to my cousin Jaemin for putting me on to J Electronica. I understand that I am one of the Gatekeepers. I am truly honored and Blessed to be here for Hip Hop. Quiz Knows If your out there you wanted to write I'm writing. I would love to have a one on one with J Electronica....To Be Continued." (Thats Enuff)

He previously expressed his struggle with the politics behind playing the non-typical radio record.



"I'm listening to Jay Electronica's latest tune Exhibit C Produced by Just Blaze," he wrote Sunday (December 27). "It is so good. I think it's lyrical and the production is solid. Reminds me of some early Nas stuff,Then I ask my self : Why is it not spinning on the radio? At least during my time slot? Is it because there's no dance tied to it? Is it because it's not yet on BET's Top Ten Countdown? Does it have to be a Club Banger? The radio isn't a club. So why not Good solid Hip Hop? I have it on my website. I battle myself all the time when it comes to the radio. The job I love so much. I could make it the Heavy Hitter Pick of the week with no problem. Then what? I need HELP with this one. Any Suggestions Re: Real Hip Hop is Fading." (Thats Enuff)

Enuff is also known for having close ties with the late Biggie Smalls.



Audiences loved his DJ skills and clubs everywhere were looking to book DJ Enuff. Because of the high demand, Enuff decided to return to deejaying local parties. This seems to have been a leap of fate for DJ Enuff because he caught the attention of the late legend Notorious BIG and suddenly became his road DJ. On the road with the Notorious BIG was a memorable experience for DJ Enuff. He reminisces about the good times often. One fond memory he can recall while on the set at these concerts was how the whole crowd would join together and sing his songs in perfect harmony. "It's such an amazing feeling," says Enuff. (Hot 97)

No comments:

Post a Comment