Sunday, December 27, 2009

Joe Budden Ponders Slaughterhouse/Eminem Deal, "Let's Show N*ggas How To Rap" [Video]

Joe Budden Ponders Slaughterhouse/Eminem Deal, "Let's Show N*ggas How To Rap" [Video]Slaughterhouse's Joe Budden recently spoke on the status of his team joining Eminem's Shady Records and expressed the impact it would have on hip-hop.




According to Jump Off, becoming a Shady artist would be strengthened by having Em as a visible sign of support.



"I would like that -- I think if that happens, wrap it up hip-hop," Budden told radio personality Tony Touch. "I'm f*cking great either way. I always said I would stay away from a major. Me, as a soloist. But the group? Let's f*cking go. Let's do it, let's show n*ggas how to rap. Especially having the best f*cking rapper in the world behind us. That's the important part, the [record label] and Interscope, all that's great. Eminem though? That's a different type of, see, that's a different type of rapper. That's like having the big brother that can beat everybody up." ("Toca Tuesdays")

Group member Royce Da 5'9 recently detailed the importance of having their next move by joining a major label.



"Right now, the focus is the group," Royce explained in an interview. "I'm focused on the group in terms of the next move, like with signing. Yeah, Shady is an option, there's a lot of great conversations being had and hopefully something like that could happen. Our goal is to put the group album on a major and get the real machine behind it so we can get that balance back in hip-hop." (Sound Session)

Royce also confirmed plans to drop a follow-up project to the group's self-titled 2009 debut earlier this year.



"It's like, everything is so hypothetical right now," he said in an interview. "See like right now we're talking as if things are a definite...We already agreed that we're gonna do another album. That's our decision. It's our decision on how much music we wanna do. Now, in terms of where it's gon' be at, we can't make that decision 'cause we can't sign ourselves. The only thing we can do is put ourselves in the position to build up some type of interest." (Hip Hop DX)

Earlier this year, Budden explained the significance of rappers coming together.




"I don't know what you mean 'speak on it,' [laughs] I hope it happens!," Budden playfull told radio personality Jessie Maguire in an interview. "I would be happy, happy as could be. [laughs] No man, the rumors have been going around and it seems to be the number one question as far as Slaughterhouse goes, like I said, I'm hopeful that it will happen. I would like for it to happen, uhm, but is it a definite? Is it confirmed? Is it 100 percent in stone? No, not at all. I mean, until that happens, I been in this industry a long time, and I'm sure aspiring artists can attain to this also, a lot of people make promises and a lot of people sell you dreams and often at times, things look extremely hopeful and they turn out to be the exact opposite. So I've learned to prepare for the worst and expect the best. But I certainly hope it takes place. I hope it goes down, I think a move like that would be a monument for hip-hop and not only that, there seems to be a lot of artists getting with that whole unity thing, instead of destroying one another." (Jessie Maguire)

No comments:

Post a Comment