Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Ashanti Doubles Up W/ Game & Dr. Dre, "Awww Sh*t It's A Problem!!!"


R&B singer Ashanti recently joined Dr. Dre and Game for a studio session in Los Angeles.






While not specifically saying what the threesome were up to, Shanti did post a photo of them in a recording studio.



"On the way 2 the lab!!! flyin dwn santa monica I think we took like 3 red lights lol!!! ( U guys dnt do tht tho) lol!!!," she wrote Wednesday (January 27). "@only1NOTTZ heyyyyyy!!!!! Wz crackin!! We gotta link up I'm in LA now jus leavin the lab!!!! Awwwwwww sh*t its a problem!!!!! Me DR. DRE & GAME in the lab ohhhhhhh booooooy this is a SMMMMIZAAASHHH!!!!!http://tweetphoto.com/9709437 & @ihategame jus debo'd my cup of tea!!!!! Smh!!! Lol!!! & of course @LTHUTTON is in the mothaf*#kin buildin!!! Hollaaa!!!" (Ashanti's Twitter)

Last year, Ashanti reunited with her former Murder Inc. labelmate Ja Rule for a VH1 Hip Hop Honors 2009 performance.



"It's been great," she said in an interview. "I haven't performed with Ja since -- I can't even remember it's been so long. We talked to each other on the phone and we said, 'Yo, we gonna make it hot! It's gonna be like old times.' It feels good. When we did the rehearsal, the chemistry was there." (MTV)

Ja Rule previously spoke with SOHH about Ashanti cutting ties with Murder Inc. head Irv Gotti.



"I'ma say it like this, Irv is my brother and I respect his decisions," Rule said. "I don't have any problems with Ashanti. That's my sister. We're a family so it's funny, it's like my brother and my sister are fighting. You see what I'm saying? It's a funny thing to me but Gotti is my brother before she was my sister so you take it how you take it. But me and Bon Bon are cool and I got love for her, that's my sister man..I think me and Bon Bon can coincide and do some records together again. I think we might even be able to hit the road and do some shows...Me and Bonnie don't have issues, her and Irv have issues and it's a tough thing you know what I'm saying? He brought her into the family but...me and her never had no real friction at all." (SOHH)

Irv helped launch Ashanti's career around the early 2000's with help from Rule and Fat Joe.



With hitmaker Irv Gotti at the helm, Ashanti blasted into the urbanmusic scene in 2002, topping the charts with multiple singles at once. She quickly became a sensation, gracing the covers of magazines and dominating urban radio. Ashanti built her reputation with duets, where she would complement an already popular rapper -- Ja Rule ("Always on Time"), Fat Joe ("What's Luv?"), the Notorious B.I.G. ("Unfoolish") -- contrasting the tough-guy male perspective with her own. (All Music)

No comments:

Post a Comment