Friday, January 15, 2010

Want To Do More To Help Efforts In Haiti?


Contrary to popular belief, I do have a heart and watching the aftermath of the earthquake play out on endless hours of CNN is quite a helpless feeling. I learned my lesson however from Hurricane Katrina.




So instead of watching being mesmerized by the horrific images brought to us by Anderson Cooper and the sensationalism of Dr. Sanjay Gupta I’m going to spend my team looking for ways to make a difference however small it is.



As a blogger, I believe in my voice but as a member of the Highbrid Nation our voice is collective. So over the weekend, I will be discussing with the staff a way for HIGHBRID NATION to band together and make a difference. If you have ideas please pass them on but most importantly get involved.



If you’re in the New York Area, today at 6PM Club/ Lounge Nocturnal will be hosting a Food & clothing drive starting at 6pm. Items needed include Clothes, underwear, toiletries, first aid kits, feminine products, toothpaste/brushes, batteries, flashlights, Canned beans, corn, fruits, veggies, rice, crackers, cookies and most importantly, WATER. This is a YELE co-signed event. Target Int’l Shipping on board to help get the collections down there. A special Haiti Relief T-Shirt will also be on sale for $25. ALL proceeds go to relief efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment