Thursday, January 14, 2010

News: Jay-Z Accepts Financial Face-Off W/ Lil Wayne, "I'll Give Him A Little Glimpse [Of My Bank Acct]"

Jay-Z has responded to Birdman's assertion that he is not as lyrical or wealthy as Lil Wayne by offering to reveal the contents of his bank account.




Speaking with New York's Hot 97 radio station personality Angie Martinez, Hov accepted the challenge to put his finances against Weezy's.



"Being lyrical is just a matter of opinion, it's who you like, so you know that's his opinion," Hov said about Birdman's comments. "As far as money, you know, that's a little more factual. We can determine that. It's gonna cost [to see my bank account]. Put it up, if he's that confident, I'll give him a little glimpse. It's crazy. Knock it off, but as far as being lyrical. That's for the viewers, that's everybody. I respect that, that's his guy so he's supposed to roll with his guy. I don't have no problems with that. I don't have problems with anybody, I want this to be my most positive year. I don't want no problems." (Hot 97)

Last October, Baby explained why he felt Wayne outshined Jay.



"Well I feel like, as far as number one to me, that don't really matter, it's about who makes the most money and do the most," Baby explained in an interview. "I think my son do the most, rap the most, he do the most shows, we do the most so if we do the most, how could you be number one if you ain't making the most? No, no, [beef]. Nothing personal, they just asked me my opinon and that was my opinion. I think we do the most and make the most, so if you don't like it, that's on you. I can't see past Wayne, so I can't see Jay-Z." ("106 & Park")

According to Birdman, a number one "hot" artist should be based on selling ability.



"I don't think he a number one emcee in no kinda way," Baby said in an interview. "Wayne the best he do the most and he make the most money. I dont think no n*gga in the business make more money than us. How could you be the best if you don't make the best money, the most money and you don't do the most. Lyrically, come on man be for real man can't nobody f*ck with Wayne. And to me, if you number one and you aint getting no money it don't mean nothing. Who's making the most money. That's number one to me. F*ck all that rap sh*t. Sh*t, y'all got cold rappers you never even heard and then you got n*ggas who really can't rap and making money. It's about who's making the most money to me. I don't give a f*ck about the rest of that sh*t." (Tropical TV)

Jay and his wife, R&B singer Beyonce Knowles, topped this year's list of highest-earning couples.



Music duo Jay-Z and Beyoncé Knowles earned $122 million between June 2008 and June 2009, landing them atop the publication's annual Top-Earning Couples list in Hollywood for the second year in a row. The couple married quietly in 2008 and are responsible for everything from music ("Single Ladies" and "Empire State of Mind") to clothing lines, worldwide tours, and product endorsements (like American Express and Budweiser). (Entertainment Weekly)

No comments:

Post a Comment