Monday, January 18, 2010

Ruff Ryders CEO Details Reunion Album, "The Compilation Is Pretty Much Finished"

Ruff Ryders CEO Waah Dean has opened up about the upcoming DMX, Swizz Beatz, Eve, The Lox and Drag-On reunion album called Ruff Ryders Evolution: Generation I.




According to Dean, the group project will feature both past and present members.



"The compilation is pretty much finished and we're looking to knock it out and have it up and running at the end of 2nd, beginning of 3rd quarter," he revealed in an interview. "We got a couple of nice joints. It's gonna be a mixture of the old and new... we got this joint called 'Family.' We got a remix on it too and we want to launch the compilation with that. It's expressing a lot of how families should move and how they should roll.We're gonna feature our established artists, new artists and we're gonna remix it and just really unify the family thing, bring back the foundation. We have collaborations songs that we did with The Lox and Cassidy and we get a song from each artist and let them express themselves. I's gonna be a decent album, we're gonna do that one independent and we may even take it upstairs (to major label) to do that on a whole other level. This album is really going to be about coming together." (Hip Hop Wired)

Last month, SOHH reached out to Drag-On to find out why there is a reunion delay.



"I was just with Sheek [Louch] last night," Drag-On told SOHH. "We were on the radio, just promoting our projects that we got coming out. Everybody's still cool, you know what I"m saying? It never was no beef, you know what I'm saying? We just all had a lot of things on our plate and we just have to fulfill those needs right now. But other than that, everything else is still kosher. X is always gonna be like my big brother in this game, like, so X was the one that really showed us off. So he's always gonna be my big brother in the game." (SOHH)

According to Jadakiss, the Ryders long-awaited reunion is just a matter of getting his crew together in the studio.



"You know, the Ryders is pure talent around the board," Jada said about his team of emcees which includes DMX, Eve and Swizz Beatz. "It's just a matter of linking up and putting it together. I had to be the engine, you know what I mean, with this Last Kiss album, get back in the door, get my elbows, get my elbow space and pull everybody out. DMX is back out of the trouble again. I feel fresh, it's like a new beginning. Five years off [and] to have a first-week like I had, you know, the response is great. The people are still feeling the kid and that's all it's about...I was told I was nice from [Big] Pun, Biggie, Nas, Jay-Z, Eminem." (Parker Vision)

Swizz Beatz previously talked about re-sparking the Ruff Ryders through working with DMX and Eve.



"I'm about to drop this joint that was supposed to be DMX and Jadakiss, but it's gonna be DMX and Eve," Swizz said in an interview. "I want people to hear Eve in that hard element again. X is on his A-game. They're in trouble. Just the lineup of music I have already done, ignorant! X is gonna come back so crazy. They are both on the way...I paused up on my album sh*t...I'm on a different level of expressing myself. I'd rather express musically than lyrically. But any minute, I can go in the studio and jump on some sh*t I made for somebody else and not wanna give it to them." (MTV)


No comments:

Post a Comment