Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Trey Songz To Tour With Jay-Z

Following last year’s headlining tour for BET, Trey Songz will be on the road again in 2010. This time around, the talented Virginia-born singer will join Jay-Z and Young Jeezy, according to Billboard.com. Songz will be opening on the second leg of the Blueprint 3 tour starting at the end of February. Young Jeezy has also been announced as an opener.






Songz’ label, Atlantic, had no comment at press time, but they did say the singer will make an announcement about a huge new turn in his career on Wednesday. When we spoke to Songz several weeks ago, the singer said he wants to build on the success he’s been having with his huge breakthrough LP, Ready.



“It’s addictive, when you start to get that recognition and hear your records on the radio all the time,” Trey told us. “I’m already mentally where I want to be next. ‘What am I gonna do to top this?’ It’s the perfect storm for me right now. I got ‘I Invented Sex’ out right now. ‘Say Aah.’ Before that ‘LOL ,’ ‘I Need a Girl,’ ‘Successful.’ It’s all been going uphill in a gradual sense. I’m remaining humble because I worked so hard to get here. It’s easy to remain humble when you realize this can be taken away at any moment. I’m ready to work for more. At this point I’m just scratching the surface of my potential.”



Last week, the full video for Songz’s “Say Aah” was released. His next single will be “Neighbors Know My Name.” Trey also teased a new mixtape on Twitter. He said he did a freestyle to Rihanna’s “Hard” and wants to complete the entire tape when he has some time.



Songz and Melanie Fiona will play the House of Blues in Los Angeles on January 30, the day before the Grammy Awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment