Wednesday, January 27, 2010

News: Olivia Clears Up G-Unit Exit Rumors, "I Asked To Be Let Go"



Former G-Unit singer Olivia recently cleared up misconceptions about her departure from 50 Cent's record label and said she was never dropped.



According to R&B crooner, she requested to leave the rapper's popular label.



"Again, miscommunication came into play, because I felt like I was just being a hood girl. So I spoke to Fif about it and told him that I was trying to do R&B, and being marketed as a rapper was not going to work. I loved being with them, but the direction that we was going wasn't working out for me. I already knew that I was not going to stay with them for a long time anyway because them with me would become ludicrous after a while, and plus I always saw myself as a solo artist, but with them it was always 50 Cent and G-Unit. After I left, the rumors hits the radios saying that I was dropped from the label while I asked to be let go." (City Scenes Magazine)

However, in the past, 50 Cent has said he made numerous attempts to help Olivia's career.



"I feel like even down to the 'I'll Whip Your Head Boy' on the Get Rich Or Die Tryin' soundtrack, I went into a different direction because I was trying to save the Olivia project," he explained. "I went for 'Best Friend' and had [Olivia] create a remix to it, and played that version and shot a video for it, when 'I'll Whip Your Head Boy' was already going. In the club, that was their choice." (Hot 97)

Olivia recently spoke on taking her career into the movie industry.



"The first movie we did was called Peephole. The last one we shot was called Conspiracy X with Shawn Baker as the director. Kellita Smith is in that one, it's a great movie. It's about a guy who just got out of jail and he's trying to get back on his feet. He ends up running his own clothing company. Somebody tries to frame him and that is why it's called Conspiracy X. I'm just happy to be able to get into new things and pursue different endeavors." (All Hip Hop)

The former KING Magazine covergirl recently said she has been able to return to her R&B roots since cutting ties with the Unit.



"I've been doing movies, y'all, finishing the album, I've been touring overseas, it's been a whole lot that y'all haven't seen me doing but the people who have been following me online checking out where I've been, they know what's up," Olivia said in an interview. "I've been working even though y'all don't think I've been working...When I was on G-Unit, I had to conform to what was on G-Unit, so I couldn't come out with R&B records because I was with a bunch of rappers so now I get to do exactly what I want to do and you get to hear me really sing, but again, for the people that come to my live shows, they see what I do...I'm no longer with G-Unit, I'm back solo." (Power Played)

No comments:

Post a Comment