Friday, January 15, 2010

News: Rihanna On What Led To Chris Brown Fight, "There Were Control Issues, Insecurity"


Grammy-winning singer Rihanna recently spoke on her former relationship with R&B performer Chris Brown and hinted at what may have ultimately led to their domestic dispute.




In an interview with W Magazine, Rihanna opened up about Brown.



"There were control issues, insecurity," she explained, in the February issue of the magazine. "When people are insecure, they become very controlling and they can get very aggressive and in turn abusive. It doesn't have to be physical. Like, they would say bad stuff to you to make you feel lesser than them, just so they would have control in the relationship. It takes a big toll on your emotions and on your everyday life. It changes you." (The Boom Box)

Speaking with reporter Diane Sawyer last year, Rihanna broke down how their February 2009 fight was allegedly sparked from a text message.



According to Rihanna, the fight started as they were driving away from a pre-Grammy Awards party and Brown received a text message from another woman. "I caught him in a lie, and he wouldn't tell the truth. And I wouldn't drop it," the singer told Diane Sawyer. "I couldn't take that he kept lying to me, and he couldn't take that I wouldn't drop it. It escalated into him being violent towards me. And it was ugly." (New York Daily News)

She also explained why leaving Brown's vehicle was one of her only options.



Rihanna didn't know how to make it end or what to do next. "I was battered. I was bleeding. I was swollen in my face. There was no way of me getting home. My next option was to get out the car and start walking in a gown and a bloody face. So I really don't know what was my plan. I didn't have a plan," she says. "That whole night was not part of my plan," she adds profoundly. (E! Online)

Following Rihanna's past statements, Brown spoke out and pleaded for her silence on their private matter.



"While I respect Rihanna's right to discuss the specific events of February 8, I maintain my position that all of the details should remain a private matter between us," he said in the statement. "I do appreciate her support and wish her the best. I am extremely sorry for what I did, and I accept accountability for my actions. At this point, I am taking the proper steps to learn about me and grow from my mistakes. I only hope that others in similar situations can learn from our experience as well. Abuse of any kind is always wrong. The rest I leave it to God." (Rap Radar)

No comments:

Post a Comment