Wednesday, January 13, 2010

News: Young Jeezy Sets Tentative Release Date For "Motivation" Album, "Sooner Than Later"

Southern rapper Young Jeezy has cleared up the confusion surrounding the release date of his upcoming Thug Motivation 103 album.




Speaking with radio veteran Ed Lover, Jeezy said a date has not yet been chosen despite speculation.



"Oh man, sooner than later," Jeezy said about the album's release date. "I'm finishing up now, wrapping up now. I was just in the studio 15 minutes ago. Shout-outs to the homie Swizz [Beatz]. [We're] doing some of everything. You know Swizz will keep you up all night. [We did] like two and half [songs.] Look for the album asap." ("Ed Lover Show")

Reports last year suggested it would come out in February.



Word is this came from the back of a ticket for an All-American High School football game that will be held on January 2nd which Jeezy is scheduled to perform at half-time. "Jeezy TM103 in stores February 9th This ticket is a revocable license, which may be withdrawn, and admission refused anytime upon refunding the printed purchase price." (You Heard That New)

Last August, Jeezy updated fans on the record's status.



"I have some new producers I'm going to introduce to the world," Jeezy promised. "I like to set trends. I'm going to keep those names in the bag. I want it to be a big deal when you first hear them. There will be a few of the producers I worked from Thug Motivation 101 and The Recession such as Shawty Redd and Midnight Black. I'm just working, man. I'm not really picky when it comes to the production. I just like good music...I have the studio bus and the whole nine. I was already working on it, so I was where I wanted to be on the new album before I left. I recorded most of it at the crib in Atlanta. I'm just putting the icing on the cake, now. I'm going to do the rest on the road and just knock it out. The album will be out sooner than later...I'm going to take my time. That's what the label people tell me. "Yo, hurry up, but take your time, because we want that sh*t to be right.' Soon as my stuff jump off the stove I'm going to put it in the streets." (The Boom Box)

He previously stressed the importance of not rushing its release.



"I'm taking my time this time," he said in an interview. "I know where I really wanna go. This is my fourth time over. I did it three times -- I'm gonna do it again...No matter what they think, I go harder to be an example for my homies and everybody around me. I'm trying to make cats better. So if you feel the rapping part is that serious to you, then you go with that. When you go with motivational speaking, you don't want it to rhyme -- you want it to make sense. If he sounds like he's rhyming, it sounds like a jingle -- like he's trying to sell you a turkey burger or something...I got a joint called 'I Got This.' Then there's 'Suicide Music.' I don't wanna give it all up, because you'll probably figure out where I'm going." (MTV)

No comments:

Post a Comment