Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Jermain Taylor Withdraws From Super Six Tournament!

Jermain Taylor Withdraws From Super Six Tournament!


January 12th, 2010

LITTLE ROCK, January 12, 2010 – Jermain Taylor (28-4-1, 17KO’s) former undisputed middleweight champion has made a decision regarding his future boxing career. Taylor, who was a participant in SHOWTIME Sports World Boxing Classic last fought on October 17th in a losing battle against Arthur Abraham in Berlin, Germany.



“I’m going to take some time off from the sport of boxing and take myself out of SHOWTIME Sports World Boxing Classic tournament. It’s important that I give my body and mind some much needed rest, because I have been boxing for nearly 20 years,” said Taylor. “I plan on keeping myself in shape and making a return to the sport sometime in the future. This was not an easy decision for me, having discuss it with my family, trainer, friends and my adviser Al Haymon, because I’m a very competitive person-but I know this is the smart road for me to take. I want to thank SHOWTIME Sports for everything and I wish the best for my 5 counterparts who will continue on in the Super Six tournament. Most of all, I want to thank the many fans for their continued support.”

No comments:

Post a Comment