Wednesday, January 13, 2010

News: Lil Wayne's Mixtape Maker Questions His Actions, "Did I Just Cause Problems?"


News: Lil Wayne's Mixtape Maker Questions His Actions, "Did I Just Cause Problems?"Mixtape maker The Empire has spoken out about his popular Drought Is Over mixtape series and his past issues with Lil Wayne.




Writing as a guest blogger, Empire reflected on the highs and lows of mixtapes.



"If I decided to call it quits with "The Empire", I wonder if I will be remembered? Some people credit me with the whole Lil Wayne explosion with my Drought Is Over series. I think that's what branded me the most. When I look back on it, was I doing something to help or did I just cause problems? I just feel like I took a opportunity that came across to me and jumped on it. I never expected it to get the cult following it has now. In the back of mind I hope that one day, Wayne would have reached out and acknowledged what I did for him and maybe want to do a official project with me, but I don't think that day will come anytime soon. SO whether its appreciated or not, I still continue to drop exclusives..." (Karen Civil)

Around May 2008, Wayne displayed his displeasure in certain mixtape deejays.



"I don't remember the mixtape deejay--tell this dude who he talking to," he said in an interview. "I'm not into all that sh*t. I don't know no mixtape deejay. I am the originator... I created the mixtape game but I'm not in to that anymore. I'm doing Lil Wayne. I'm against it--and to the mixtape deejay, I don't know no mixtape deejays--f*ck you..." (Foundation Magazine)

However, Wayne later said his comments were directed toward Empire.



Lil Wayne later called DJ Drama's radio show Shade 45 Sirius Satellite Radio to explain that his comments were meant specifically for the Empire DJ's who leaked his materials periodically without his permission, consent, or knowledge; he also apologized for any misunderstandings between him and the numerous DJ's that have aided him in the mixtape industry. He made it clear, however, that he wished for any feelings of dislike or resentment to remain. (Wikipedia)

Empire is also known for placing exclusive tracks on his mixtapes including Wayne's "Louisianimal" which sparked problems with 50 Cent.



According to 50 Cent, certain aspects of the song "Play This on the Radio" are in response to a track by Wayne titled "Louisianimal," which originally appeared on a mixtape by the Empire. (Prefix Mag)

No comments:

Post a Comment