Monday, January 4, 2010

News: Raekwon Doubles Up New Albums For 2010


Wu-Tang Clan's Raekwon has unveiled his New Year's plan to release two new albums in 2010.




According to Rae, the projects will be solo albums.



"O I forgot my announcement on jan 1st to give yall so ima tell ya now! "I WILL BE DROPPIN 2 ALBUMS THIS YEAR!" Rt this crack....," he wrote over the weekend. "@ghanie nah solo records @agthekid ill deliver trust me!" (Raekwon's Twitter)

In early December, Rae hinted at making a big announcement on New Year's Day.



"Like I said, we about to make a great big, big announcement," he explained in a video, "you know what I'm saying? January 1st. Super, super big. Even though that's a big one right there -- for myself, we staying busy, staying working." (Ice Water TV)

The rapper also spoke on his delayed joint album with Method Man and Ghostface Killah.



"Everything is a go from what I'm hearing," he said in an interview. "It's a record that's gonna come out on Def Jam so...I really don't have too much knowledge on it. I spoke to [Method Man] and he's telling me by the middle of February the album should be already solidified. So, that's what I'm hoping [is] gonna happen. We'll see what Def Jam [will] do. I'm just coming in as a piece on the board just to really go in and do what I gotta do. But we gon' see how they handle the business with that album...We still got more things that we wanna do. We ain't never wrapped. We gon' definitely make sure that we really give y'all a tight album, and [make sure that] everybody's opinions and criticisms account for this record." (Hip Hop DX)

He previously confirmed past reports of the project being delayed through 2010.



"We wanted that pushed back, I fought for that because I felt that it wasn't enough time, the chemistry is still boiling," Raekwon explained in an interview. "When you think about us putting something together, it's gotta be stupid so my brothers are respecting my feelings on it, I'm respecting their feelings on it, we all saying the same sh*t so. At the end of the day, when yall get the album, enjoy it and get ready for some other sh*t." (57th Ave)

No comments:

Post a Comment