Monday, January 4, 2010

News: Jay-Z's Ex-Associate Wants Answers, "Why This Disrespect?"

Former Jay-Z associate De-Haven has spoken out against his long-time friend and said he has decided to release an upcoming DVD tell-all about their falling out.




Although he could not be specific, De-Haven said he is still trying to understand why Jay has distanced himself.



"Everybody hears it through Jay-Z's lyrics, you know, that's who I am," Haven said in an interview. "Basically, I was his right-hand man. Beyond that, we was brothers. As you'll see, I'm getting ready to put out a documentary, it's actually doing to lay out everything so you'll understand even why the YouTube is being put together...It's beyond just friendship, it goes a little deeper than that...I feel he disrespected me for a while, and I chose to come out and say something now...The specific reason why we had a falling out? That's the $10 million question right now...I get asked that everyday. And the bottom line, that's what I'm trying to find out. What happened? Why this disrespect? For him to not even give me time, even to act like he didn't know me, for all that I sacrificed, all that my people's sacrificed, all that my family sacrificed. I never knew it would get to this..." (Hip Hop Gossip Site)

Aside from a reference on The Black Album, Hov most recently name dropped Haven on the 2007 American Gangster song, "No Hook."



"I'm gonna follow the rules no matter how much time I'm gonna get/I'm gonna live and die with the decisions that I'm gonna pick/So f*ck De-Haven for cave in, that's why we don't speak/Made men ain't supposed to make statements/End of the story I followed the code cracked the safe/Other n*ggas ain't in the game so they practice hate..." ("No Hook")

Found on his own personal site, Haven has released a small biography on himself.



De-Haven, straight out of the streets of Brooklyn, NY was born and raised in Marcy Projects. The son of a single mother with two sisters (R.I.P. Felicia) and a brother has always been on his grind to take care of his family. Now a father himself, De-Haven has made it through many struggles, and knows that in the end your word is your "bond". So now, true to his word, he is out to set the record straight. With his soon to be released DVD, soundtrack, and book to follow, the world will know... (De-Haven)

Jay-Z mentor Jaz-O previously recruited a former friend of Hov's named Gunna to discredit the rap mogul's image last year.



"Bubble lip Shawn," he says in the video. "He went from Buble lip Shawn to Jigga to Jay-Z, d*mn you on Jaz d*ck...He was a worker, he wasn't the dude...All the stuff you hearing on records, it's not true...For all y'all that don't know, homie wasn't that big time, drug dealer, gangsta motherf*cker that he talk about on them records. Dude was getting smacked up, robbed out in the hood, he was getting robbed. One time, I was locked up, some comrades stripped him up. I got the news and told homie he had to give him his sh*t back...We the truth, just ask the streets." (Hip Hop Beef)

Check out De-Haven speaking on Jay-Z below:

No comments:

Post a Comment